USF Small Business Development Center
Free business consulting and training from experts.
Florida SBDC at University of South Florida
Located at South Florida State College
The Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at University of South Florida, located at South Florida State College, assists existing and emerging businesses in Desoto county, through no-cost confidential business consulting, information, and low-cost training. Seeking advice on growing an established business? Our professionally credentialed consultants have the real-world experience and expertise to help you make the right business decisions. Our consultant’s expertise focuses on areas that are vital to owning and operating a successful business, including:
• strategic market research
• market expansion and revenue growth
• business and strategic plan development
• access to capital and loan packaging assistance
• financial analysis and assessment
• accounting systems and financial literacy
• feasibility analysis and start-up assistance.
No-cost specialized services available for qualified businesses looking to accelerate market growth:
• Growth Acceleration provides in-depth business assessments and strategic planning for qualified businesses to develop sustainable growth strategies.
• Export Marketing Plans position qualified manufacturing small businesses in Florida who are “new-to-export” to identify growth strategies through the development of specialized plans.
•Government Contracting assists established businesses to expand by reaching new markets through federal, state and local government contracting.
• Small Business Certification could present growth opportunities for your woman, minority, or Veteran-owned business.
To schedule an appointment with a certified business consultant today, visit http://sbdctampabay.com/highlands/ or call 863.784.7378.
Certified Business Analyst
David Noel is a Certified Business Analyst serving DeSoto, Hardee and Highlands counties. He assists small business owners with a variety of general business support and offers expertise in the areas of government contracting, minority certification, rural entrepreneurship, organization development, human resources and networking. Noel has more than 25 years of experience in business with a background in education. He also has extensive practical knowledge in meeting planning and employee relations. Prior to working at the SBDC, Noel owned a management consulting business and spent more than 14 years in the aerospace industry. While in the aerospace field, he worked as a logistics engineer until transferring to human resources to become an organization development specialist and executive development coordinator. As an active member of the small business community he has served as the chairman of the Greater Sebring Chamber of Commerce board of directors, board member for the Rotary Club of Sebring, a member of the Highlands County Economic Development Commission, the Avon Park Chamber of Commerce and the Highlands County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee, and served on the board of directors for Drug Free Highlands. Noel obtained a bachelor’s from Samford University and master’s in administration and supervision from the University of Montevallo.
201 E Oak St, Suite 201
Arcadia, FL 34266